PPRI recently developed a Strategic Plan made up of three Strategic Directions:
Strategic Direction 1. Ensure Robust Donor Stewardship
We will ensure PPRI has the human resources capacity to:
- maintain a healthy liaison with PPRC and other funding beneficiaries;
- engage in negotiations with the University of BC regarding endowed positions; and
- oversee resources held in trust by the Vancouver Foundation.
Strategic Direction 2. Continue and Enhance Fundraising
We will ensure that PPRI has the human resources capacity to:
- identify and build relationships with potential donors;
- liaise with PPRC regarding its future needs and develop joint efforts to “market” these needs to new potential donors;
- engage in marketing efforts to raise PPRI’s profile as a worthy recipient of charitable funds; and
- negotiate terms of gifts, legacies and other “financial instruments” that can support PPRI’s work.
Strategic Direction 3. Enhance Leadership Capacity
We will ensure that that PPRI has the human resources capacity to ensure good governance as a not-for-profit society, including placing a priority on Board and Chair succession planning and strategic recruitment of new Board members with the skill sets and passion essential to for our future success.