Leading experts around the world are trying to find a cure for Parkinson’s. Here in Vancouver, the Pacific Parkinson’s Research Centre is leading the way.
The Pacific Parkinson’s Research Centre, the organization our work supports, is internationally recognized for neurological research and clinical science.
The Centre’s research focuses on:
- Why people get Parkinson’s Disease
- Why specific nerve cells die
- The best treatments
The Centre’s research and clinical care includes:
- Finding a cause and a cure
- Improved and early diagnosis
- Delivering the highest level of clinical care
- Specialized physician training
- Patient counseling
The Centre’s resources include:
- Leading neurologists who specialize in diagnosing, treating and studying Parkinson’s and related disorders
- Expert scientists who know what to ask and can design the required experiments
- An out-patient clinic
The Centre is internationally-known for its genetic research and use of imaging techniques. Here doctors and nurses who see patients also do research in partnership with scientists and brain imaging experts.
Visit the Pacific Parkinson’s Research Centre’s website here.